Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Grilling Season

Today for dinner I am cooking a few things that I love. But I have to be careful. I have an 8 year old daughter who is just now starting to venture out into the the big palatial world. So I have to pick food she'll eat, but will tease her senses and her tummy. So for the first course, I am braising Napa cabbage in red wine and garlic and searing short ribs in a lamb demi sauce. The entree is a fire roasted pork tenderloin crusted with hot harissa and garlic, and it will be served with a duo puree of purple Peruvian potatoes and baby carrots. Everything should be safe for her, because nothing will be touching. My wife should love it, because most everything will be cooked pretty well done (bummer for me).
And I'm really excited about all this because I get to do it on my grill, yep, its grilling season! Can't wait to smell that smoke!
I'll let you know how everything turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment