Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 5, 6, & 7

I've missed a few days and I need to catch up, so here goes.
Friday, I didn't cook the paperdelle and tenderloin. I decided that my family wouldn't eat it because it was deer. They are pretty particular about things like that. Plus, it's the weekend! We eat out. We had pizza and it was good. Baylee stayed with us Friday night! She usually goes to her grandparents for the weekend, so it was great having her there. We played Final Fantasy XIII of course and lots of fun!
What I didn't tell you Friday is that I am going to get to work at the Masters the whole week! That's gonna be a lot of fun. I'll get to cook and be in an environment that makes me happy! Who knows, maybe something else will come from it too!
Saturday we went hiking up at John's Mountain to see Keown Falls. With all the rain we've had, the fall were very pretty! There was enough rock cut out over the years that you could go back behind the falls of both of them. That was really cool! It was such a beautiful day, sun shining, warm, and got to spend it with my family. Could it have been any better? After that, we went to RAK Outfitters and I bought a new hat, went out to eat, and ended the day with my wife hanging out at home. It was a really great day.
Yesterday, we went to church, and it was a great service. Went out to eat after wards and pigged out! Since we are starting a new diet program today. Came home and took a nap. Just another great lazy day!
Today we are starting Thrive!, which is a diet/lifestyle change. Its really a great program. We did it before and I felt great, but after my car accident, things kind of rolled down hill, and I fell off the program. That was in January. We started back today. The biggest thing is trying to figure out how to cook the style I know and it fit the program's requirements.
Tonight we are having burritos. You can have them, but you can't have re-fried beans or rice or pretty much anything else with them. The tortillas must be loaded with fiber. Its a high protein/fiber and low sugar diet. You just have to use a lot of spices and herbs, they are free for the diet. So we'll see how it goes. I'll definitely keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment